Saturday, October 12, 2013

Story of the Night - October 12, 2013

As someone who frequents the New Queue on NoSleep, I'm used to weekends being kind of a hit-and-miss time of the week for submissions.  This weekend seems to be a little different, and I have gone back and forth as to which story to feature this evening.  If you want to check out the full list of new stories submitted, drop by the NoSleep New Queue.

After much internal debate, I have selected There's a diner open late that I like to eat at after work by user Walpurgisnight.  One of the great things about a well-written NoSleep story is that just enough detail is given to help you shape the scene in your mind, letting the horror become your own.  The diner in this story became a little bit of every second-rate diner I've ever entered.  I love that feeling.

Once again, if you have any suggestions or questions, please let me know at NoSleepStoryOfTheNight@gmail.com.  I'm open to suggestions not only about the layout and design of the blog, but about stories you think should be featured.  Shameless self promotion is perfectly fine, as long as the story you suggest fits the bill.

Thanks for coming by, see you tomorrow, and sleep tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment