Friday, October 18, 2013

Story of the Night - October 17, 2013

Unfortunately, due to some other pressing matters, I was unable to sit around on Reddit for a few hours last night to find a story to link for the evening.  I didn't want to rush through and provide you with some random story, so I made the decision to take care of it this morning.

Tonight I have selected Excuse Me While I Kiss the Sky by baldymcraw.  What sticks out about this story is that it is not your typical NoSleep fare; it is more like a study in a specific phobia than a campfire horror story.  That being said, I enjoyed it thoroughly and believe it is well worth your time.

A few posts ago I mentioned that I would begin selecting stories from NoSleep's past to help newer visitors to the forum get a sense of what keeps folks like me coming back.  I'm going to start with one that screwed me up for a little while, The Soul Game, by user BLOODWORTH.  Bloodworth is among the more successful writers who have contributed to the NoSleep community, and his website can be found here.

That's it for this time.  Hopefully this evening that whole meddling life thing won't get in the way of me reading a few hours worth of crowd-sourced horror.

Thanks for coming by, and see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment