Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Story of the Night - October 22, 2013

Well, this too was bound to happen eventually.  But instead of just talking about it, let's throw it up on the marquis, shall we?

October 22, 2013
No Story Selected for Story of the Night

After browsing through last night, I didn't see anything that shot out and grabbed me by the collar, anything that pulled me in and kept me there (at least, not within the 24-hour time constraint).  This is not to say that the stories posted were bad, just that every day can't be spectacular.

For those who are new to NoSleep, it should be noted that sometimes nothing will jump out at you on the sub.  Don't be discouraged, these lulls usually lead to some pretty amazing things, because unspeakable terror abhors a vacuum.

We can't just leave though.  There must be a story.  Something to read.  Something to keep us up at night.

Got it.  This story made me cringe in that deeply uncomfortable way that made me question whether or not I should turn away in abject horror or scroll up and read again.  Author Skarjo treated NoSleep to the story Autopilot back in March 2013.  Since then, it has been made into a short film.  Also worth noting, it is the top-rated story of all time on NoSleep at this time.

Thanks for coming by, see you tomorrow, and sleep tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment